Texxxan.com Operators Make Statement to Surfers

BEAUMONT, Texas — Revenge porn site Texxxan.com has been inoperable for most of the past week after its operators found themselves last week as defendants in a class-action lawsuit over allegedly invading the privacy of more than two dozen female plaintiffs.

While the site says it is down to "traffic overloads and discussions," site operators also make claims in nearly half-dozen paragraphs written to surfers that a large amount of traffic stemming from national media reports have caused capacity issues for the site.  

In rambling statements, Texxxan.com's operators acknowledged that they are "assessing the situation," presumably a lawsuit that seeks class-action status filed by Beaumont, Texas-based attorney John S. Morgan.

Morgan filed the lawsuit on behalf of more than two dozen local women one week ago, asserting that the website violates Texas privacy laws.

"We still find the content including submissions and comments of the site a bit disheartening to an extent due to the controversial contents that may be included but maybe the site provided an outlet for anger that prevented physical violence (this statement will be very controversial but is at least worth thinking about)," the site said. "The framework was simply built as an image submission platform for viewers to use that could have been taken down many different routes, even though we have now seen the main route that it has taken and the controversy it has caused.

"We are now assessing the situation and will do our best to make the best decisions pertaining to this issue that will hopefully benefit all individuals involved etc. Discussions are currently taking place on this matter and we will update everyone as soon as any decisions are made. When all the attention began we came in, shut things down and advised individuals to run a public poll and instructed them how to do so in order to decide whether to relaunch this site or shut it down completely."

The site includes a poll that asks surfers to cast their votes on whether the site should be relaunched.

Morgan told XBIZ this week that he could only speculate why the site is down, but said "this way it will prevent more women from finding themselves on the public portions of the site, and thus cut down on the amount of women still seeking to join the lawsuit."   

He said that much of the nude content on the site, which currently is inoperable, involves stolen content off social networks such as Facebook, as well as photos posted by spurned partners.  The site offered explicit photos of local Texas women by region.

The lawsuit targets hosting site GoDaddy, as well as unidentified operators of Texxxan.com and members and subscribers to the site.

It seeks class-action status and asks for an injunction — temporary and permanent — actual and punitive damages and attorneys fees.

Related:  

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Proposed New Hampshire AV Bill Appears to Violate Constitution

A bill in the New Hampshire state legislature, aimed at requiring adult sites to age-verify users in that state, contains a provision that seemingly contradicts the Supremacy Clause in Article VI of the U.S. Constitution.

AEBN Publishes Report on Fetish Trends

AEBN has published a report on fetish categories from its straight and gay theaters.

Online Child Protection Hearing to Include Federal AV Bill

A House subcommittee will hold a hearing next week on a slate of bills aimed at protecting minors online, including the SCREEN Act, which would make site-based age verification of users seeking to access adult content federal law.

Industry Photographer, 'Payout' Founder Mike B Passes Away

Longtime industry photographer and publisher Michael Bartholomey, known widely as Mike B, passed away Saturday.

FSC Announces 2025 Board of Directors Election Nominees

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has announced the nominees for its 2025 Board of Directors election.

AdultHTML Launches Black Friday Web Design, Development Promo

AdultHTML has launched its annual Black Friday/Cyber Monday promo for web design and development, running through Dec. 5.

Canada Exempts Online Adult Content From 'CanCon' Quotas

The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has updated its broadcasting regulatory policies, exempting streaming adult content from “made in Canada” requirements that apply to other online material.

Creator Law Firm 'OnlyFirm' Launches

Entertainment attorney Alex Lonstein has officially launched OnlyFirm.com for creators.

German Court Puts Pornhub, YouPorn 'Network Ban' on Hold

The Administrative Court of Düsseldorf has temporarily blocked the State Media Authority of North Rhine-Westphalia (LfM) from forcing telecom providers to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

FSC: NC Law Invalidating Model Contracts Takes Effect December 1

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has issued a notice that North Carolina's Prevent Exploitation of Women and Minors Act goes into effect on December 1.

Show More